“Everything that you put into your body and mind matters.”
Recipes by Ivy Stark, executive chef at Dos Caminos
12 corn tortillas
12 teaspoons cucumber pico de gallo (recipe below)
12 ounces refried white beans (recipe below) OR store-bought refried beans
12 spears grilled asparagus
2 ripe hass avocados, grilled (oil them AND the grill really well to prevent sticking) and cut into twelve slices
12 teaspoons queso fresco
1. Warm the corn tortillas by placing them on a warm griddle for 30 seconds.
2. Place 1 ounce beans into each of the tortillas.
3. Cut asparagus in half and place on top of beans.
4. Place 1 slice of grilled avocado in each tortilla.
5. Top avocado with 1 teaspoon of cucumber pico de gallo in each taco.
6. Sprinkle with queso fresco. Serves 4.
2 kirby cucumbers, ends trimmed and then peeled
1/2 small red onion, finely diced
2 roma tomatoes, finely diced
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1 serrano chile, finely chopped
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon olive oil
1. Finely dice the cucumbers, combine with the remaining ingredients, and season with salt.
2. Let stand 30 minutes before serving.