August's Recipe of the Month:
Healthy Peach Ice Cream
By: Just A Taste
Texas heat is no joke. And neither are Texas peaches. As the 6 month summer drags us through yet another round of triple digit temperatures, what better excuse is there to relax in the air conditioning or enjoy some home-made ice cream by the pool?
- 1 lb bag of frozen peaches or 4 cups of fresh peaches frozen solid
- 3 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 Cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Add the frozen peaches, agave nectar (or honey), yogurt and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add additional agave nectar or honey if you want a sweeter-tasting dessert.
- Process until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the frozen yogurt immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 1 month